Executive Women of Color Leadership Program
Women’s Fund of Central Indiana convenes, invests and advocates so all who identify as women or girls living in Central Indiana have an equitable opportunity to reach their full potential no matter their race, place or identity.
Women’s Fund’s Executive Women of Color Leadership Program is a partnership with Carolene Mays and Black Leadership + Legacies, Inc. The program is designed to develop, coach, and empower women of color to move into higher-level leadership roles, preparing them for positions of power and influence and to leave career, civic and community legacies.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The nine-month program features monthly full-day sessions designed to:
- Develop a cohort of capable professional women of color for organizational leadership and board governance positions by refining and broadening their knowledge and leadership skills through curriculum, interactions and connections with key leaders, engagement, and community service opportunities.
- Connect a network of motivated, talented individuals who are interested in career growth, community service, generational wealth, and global and cultural awareness.
- Provide an opportunity for deeper engagement with Women’s Fund of Central Indiana.
An interested candidate must identify as a woman or gender expansive person of color. The cost of the program is $500.
In addition, participants must:
- Have at least three years of full-time, work experience in a leadership and/or management position
- Have a proven track record of community involvement
- Support the mission of Women’s Fund and its commitment to gender equity and support for women and girls in all their intersected identities
Executive Women of Color Leadership Program Class 2 will meet from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. on the following dates:
Attendance is mandatory for the first class of the year on Feb. 20. Missing more than one session will result in a class member’s participation being delayed to a future year.
Participants should be prompt and stay until the end of class. Women’s Fund will commit to always starting on time and ending on time.
To apply and be considered for this program, you must submit:
- The application (Including uploaded resume/CV)
- Recommendation letter
- If accepted, a $500 tuition fee is due Thursday, Feb. 15, 2024.
- The completed application and recommendation letter are due by Monday, Jan. 15, 2024.
- Answer the questions thoroughly and thoughtfully to help the Executive Women of Color Leadership Program Membership Committee get to know who you are as a person
- Complete all sections of the application and ensure the recommendation form is completed. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- All applicants will be notified by Thursday, Feb. 1, 2024. Please do not call or email to check the status before that time.
- A $500 program fee is due from participants by Thursday, Feb. 15, 2024.
The application is now closed.
CURRENT EXECUTIVE WOMEN OF COLOR LEADERSHIP PROGRAM CLASS
See members from the current class.
PREVIOUS MEMBERS OF THE EXECUTIVE WOMEN OF COLOR LEADERSHIP PROGRAM
See members from the 2023 class.
Your gift addresses the needs of women and girls in our community.