Executive Women of Color Leadership Program
Executive Women of Color Leadership Program is a joint program of the Women’s Fund of Central Indiana and Black Leadership + Legacies, Inc. founded by Carolene Mays, to develop, coach, and empower Women of Color to move into higher level leadership roles and to prepare them to move into positions of power and influence.
Develop emerging and aspiring professional women leaders for higher level roles, and for opportunities to make a positive difference in their organizations, the community, and beyond; thereby creating a pipeline of Women of Color leaders in Central Indiana. These individuals will also be guided to create and build community and generational legacies.
Black Leadership + Legacies provides development in areas of leadership, board governance, legacy wealth building, and purpose. In addition, critical issues affecting Black and other Women of Color will be addressed.
Black Leadership + Legacies is committed to:
- Develop a cohort of capable professional Women of Color leaders for organizational leadership and board governance positions by refining and broadening their knowledge and leadership skills through curriculum, interactions and connections with key leaders, engagement, and community service opportunities.
- Create a platform for Women of Color leaders prepared to excel and expand in their employment or entrepreneurial ventures, and in community service. This platform will be available for organizations and businesses to select and advance capable Women of Color leaders for employment, service, and governance.
- Connect a network of motivated, talented individuals who are interested in career growth, navigation, community service, generational wealth, and global and cultural awareness.
- Incentivize the creation of community legacies and multi-generational wealth.
- Identify as Black or African American
- Identify as a woman
- Be at least 30 years old by Jan. 1, 2023
- Be employed and have a minimum of three years proven work experience in leadership and/or management, in a full-time position in: For-profit business, not-for-profit organization, the government sector, or an entrepreneurial venture
- Have a track record of community involvement
- Be willing and able to commit to all class, attendance, and program requirements
- Be able to secure the program tuition fee of $500
- Be willing to collaborate, listen, and understand there are different points of view
- Be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by Jan. 1, 2023
Applicants must commit to attending the programming within Indianapolis and surrounding counties during the cohort experience. Monthly session participation is required.
WC-ExeLL required program participation will include ten (10) working sessions in 2023.
Program working sessions will be on weekdays from 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m., except for January, September, and November sessions which are 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
All sessions are currently planned to be in person.
January – Orientation and full-day session
February – Partial day session
March – Partial day session
April – Partial day session
May – Partial day session
June – Partial day session
July – Break / No session
August – Partial day session
September – Full-day session
October – Partial day session
November – Full-day session and graduation
Every session is important. Participants are expected to attend all sessions for the entire scheduled time.
All-inclusive tuition (meals, parking, meeting locations) for the program is $500. This fee may be covered by the participant, an employer, or other entity. Each candidate must secure the commitment for the tuition prior to applying. Tuition will be payable upon selection and acceptance into the program. Payment of the tuition is due by Dec. 30, 2022.
The inaugural cohort will be selected through a referral process. It is assumed that the applicant is committed to the program requirements when the application is submitted.
The first session will be on Thursday, Jan. 12, 2023. Sessions are planned for the second Thursday of the month.
To apply and be considered for this program, you must submit:
- The application: Convey your experience, current responsibilities, and goals
- Tuition commitment form
- Reference form
Applications are now closed.
Contact Carolene Mays at Carolene@MaysInspiringLeadership.com if you have questions or concerns.
Your gift addresses the needs of women and girls in our community.