The annual grant round is now closed.
- Organizations must serve women and/or girls in central Indiana (Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Marion, Morgan, and Shelby Counties).
- Women’s Fund is particularly interested in funding programming in the following areas:
- Breaking negative cycles (e.g., intimate partner violence and poverty) and moving to economic mobility.
- Programming for girls that is preventive and has a demonstrated impact.
- Programming that demonstrates an awareness and/or provision of mental health services for women and girls.
- Caregiving assistance so women can pursue their education or continue working.
- Organizations whose mission is focused on service to women and/or girls can apply for operating support. Other organizations can apply for project/program support.
- Women’s Fund is interested only in gender-specific efforts, not just programs that happen to serve women and/or girls.
- The maximum allowable request is $25,000.
Women’s Fund will not consider funding for the following items:
- Organizations not committed to gender equity
- Programs promoting religion, including proselytizing or religious training (see below)
- Fundraising activities (such as golf tournaments or galas)
- Political campaigns
- Individual or personal requests
- Organization-sponsored conferences or event sponsorships
- Organizations whose board of directors or advisory group is composed of less than 50% women.
Women’s Fund believes spirituality is an important component in a woman or girl’s self-development and we recognize that organized religion provides the traction and grounding for spiritual development. However, Women’s Fund is committed to remaining neutral regarding the choices women and girls make about religious expression, as our donors celebrate many different religions or no religion at all. Therefore, it is our policy not to fund programs that include prayer, the promotion of religion, religious preferences, objectives, education, and/or training. If your organization’s mission statement is religious in nature, you must describe the role that mission and presence has in the grant activities for which you are seeking Women’s Fund support.
- Organizations wishing to be considered for funding must submit an Application through the CICF portal at https://cicf.smartsimple.com. When submitting an Application, choose the Women’s Fund Call Name under Open Call. During the Open Call period, organizations can start an Application then finish it at a later date. Once the Application is submitted, no changes can be made.
- If an organization does not have a current Organizational Profile, it must either create one or update the Profile in the portal before completing the Application. An Organizational Profile can be created or updated at any time.
- Women’s Fund Grants Committee will review Applications. If you are not a 501(c)(3) and plan to use a fiscal sponsor, please contact Julie Koegel at 317.696.1933 or email@example.com BEFORE submitting an Application.
- Organizations which received a Women’s Fund grant previously are eligible to apply.
- For technical or CICF portal questions, contact Hector Morales Hernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If, after reviewing the guidelines you have questions about the submission process, please contact Grants Officer Julie Koegel at email@example.com.
Your gift addresses the needs of women and girls in our community.