Sweet Sixteen Celebration Gathers Dynamic Group of Leaders
Thursday, May 3, over 30 current and past Women's Fund Advisory Board members gathered to celebrate Women's Fund's "Sweet 16" anniversary, marking 16 years since Women's Fund was founded in 1996. While reflecting on the generous contributions of board members over the years—of significant time, talent, and treasure—and highlighting accomplishments achieved, we also discussed hopes and plans for the future of Women's Fund. We even enjoyed a special Skype visit from Founding Mother and Emeritus Board member, Alecia DeCoudreaux, who has moved away from central Indiana to California but remains engaged. Attendees were asked to reflect on a few questions. Read some of their responses, highlighted below.
Why is Women's Fund important to you?
- We engage, develop and deploy current and future talent!
- Needs are greater & greater
- Community connections
- Great women... doing meaningful things... for other women!
- It is truly impactful in our community—often in unique out of the box ways
- We bring women's issues to the forefront to engage women and men in making meaningful lasting change.
What is one word that best describes Women's Fund?
What do you hope for Women's Fund in the next 16 years?
- Larger endowment
- Nationally recognized as the leader in philanthropy education for women and girls
- $40 million in the endowment!
- Self sufficient
- Programs to put more women in leadership - boards, executives, etc.
- Equal pay with economic sufficiency
- Engaging women and men over age 45 in philanthropy education
Share your responses to these questions—and notable moments since Women's Fund was founded 16 years ago. Visit our blog on Thursday to read highlights from the first 16 years.
Pictured, from top of page to bottom:
- Main Photo (clockwise from top left) - Ann Murtlow (Immediate Past Chair, 2010-2011), Elaine Bedel (Vice Chair), Jennifer Pope Baker (Executive Director), Julie Manning Magid (Chair, 2012-2013), Karen Gentleman (Chair 2006-2007)
- Tanya Stuart Overdorf, Maria Quintana, Mary Harden
- Pat Garrett Rooney, Karen Gentleman, Lorene Burkhart
- Elaine Bedel, John Mutz, Julie Manning Magid
- Margo Martin, Janet Allen
- Becky VanVoorhis, Valita Fredland
Leave a Comment
There are currently no comments for this blog entry.