Title IX Game Wraps Fun and Learning Together for Girls
June 21st was a special evening during which Indiana Fever celebrated the 40th anniversary of Title IX, which I wrote about a few weeks ago. Women's Fund was proud to sponsor Indiana Fever basketball game tickets in Section Nine (IX) of Bankers Life Fieldhouse, which were provided to Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis program participants and their parents and guardians. The girls learned about Title IX at camp prior to the event and made posters and then were able to see first-hand the dynamic female athletes and leaders in action. Following are a few photos captured of the girls and their efforts leading up to the event. Girls even learned a lesson in how to say "thank you," a lesson that should serve them well for their lifetimes!
Leave a Comment
There are currently no comments for this blog entry.
If you are interested in becoming a blog sponsor, please contact Abigail Coleman at 317.634.2423 x169 or email@example.com.
- Jun 18 - Girls Can Be CEOs, Astronauts and Moms
- Jun 13 - A Study in Opposites
- Jun 10 - Visiting a Center Where Neighbors Help Neighbors
- Jun 06 - A Summer Must: Meet Piano #12 (and its artist Angie Brooks)
- Jun 04 - Changing the Conversation about Rape – What parents need to do to protect their children from being raped or becoming a rapist