Women. Girls. Central Indiana. - A Monthly Update
I am excited to launch our first monthly update: Women. Girls. Central Indiana., featuring the latest on women and girls from Women's Fund of Central Indiana. My goal is to help you feel better connected to the work of Women's Fund by highlighting the incredible impact we are making together for women and girls in our community.
- I am excited to welcome Julie Manning Magid as our new 2012-13 Advisory Board Chair. It's always rewarding to have the opportunity to work with someone who brings different skills, talents, and passion to Women's Fund. Julie is not new to Women's Fund; she has been a committed volunteer since first joining OPTIONS Class Three and then our Advisory Board, as well as many committees.
- This month Women's Fund welcomed 20 new women to OPTIONS. During introductions, one woman shared that she "enjoys being a blessing to others." I feel that way too. I am extremely fortunate to have a job that allows me to make a difference every day, for women and girls to have opportunities they wouldn't otherwise have if it weren't for the work of Women's Fund.
- Last week, I had the opportunity to talk with Barb Berggoetz, a reporter with The Indianapolis Star, about an important issue Women's Fund is following: sex trafficking. Women's Fund recognizes sex trafficking is a problem in our community and we are committed to learning more about it so we can thoughtfully participate in moving towards a solution.
- For the past seven months, Women's Fund has been engaged with Indy's Super Cure. Through Women's Fund leadership, the effort to recruit a more diverse population of tissue donors has been overwhelmingly successful. I am empowered and inspired to know that my own tissue donation could ultimately be a part of finding a cure for breast cancer. Personally, the most meaningful moment was seeing my daughter get excited about the project too. Catherine and her friends from International School of Indiana wrote over 700 thank you letters and stuffed goodie bags for each of the donors who participated in the January 27 and 28 tissue collection event. Super Cure has taken a lot of my personal and professional time, so it's nice for my family to be involved and understand the difference we are making.
Women's Fund of Central Indiana is a unique and critical organization for our community. I appreciate your continued support in allowing us to positively make a difference in the lives of women and girls.
If you would like to receive this update directly to your email, please join our mailing list. Your email address will be used only by Women's Fund.
Leave a Comment
There are currently no comments for this blog entry.
If you are interested in becoming a blog sponsor, please contact Deanna Gonzales at 317.634.2423 x131 or email@example.com.
- Mar 15 - Joy’s House has a passion for caring for our loved ones
- Mar 10 - Concord Neighborbood Center Provides Invaluable Services to Indy's Southside
- Feb 08 - Press Release - February 8, 2017
- Dec 28 - Dove Recovery House Helps Women Face Down Addiction
- Dec 14 - Five Ways You Can Support Breast Cancer Research Today