Go Red for Women - We Are!
Tomorrow (February 4) is Go Red for Women, so we thought it was appropriate to celebrate women by dedicating today’s blog to the very important topic of women’s heart health.
First, about the issue… heart disease is the number one killer of women. If you’re familiar with the issue, you may know there are many activities that take place this month, initiatives designed to empower women to take charge of their heart health.
So, why focus on heart health? If anyone knows about the power of women and the incredible influence women have when they join forces, it’s Women’s Fund. By joining together, we want to help raise awareness of the issue.
What can you do to Go Red? Here are a few ideas:
- Tell five Women’s Fund friends: By simply talking about heart disease we can fight the disease. Just think of how many women we can educate and empower just through our own Women’s Fund network.
- Be heart healthy: Heart disease can affect women at any age, so heart-healthy habits, like eating right and being active are important. Click here for tips to being heart healthy at any age.
- Get involved: There are a number of events and activities taking place throughout the month. Visit their website to learn more.
WOW! When I first started writing this blog it was simply to encourage you to wear red tomorrow. But after clicking around the Go Red website I’ve learned that 1 in 3 women die each year from heart disease (that means women are dying at a rate of one per minute). So now I’m truly asking – actually begging you to be heart healthy! Those stats are startling and scary. Let’s join together so that we keep the women of our community strong and healthy!
Leave a Comment
There are currently no comments for this blog entry.
If you are interested in becoming a blog sponsor, please contact Ali Birge at 317.634.2423 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oct 21 - Dispelling the Myth That Hunger is Just an Issue for Indy's Homeless
- Oct 16 - Geena Davis Speaks About Gender Equality
- Oct 14 - Are You Financially Frugal? Tips from Female Financial Advisors
- Oct 09 - Getting to Know Juliana Meyer
- Oct 07 - A Snapshot of The Power of Women's Fund Philanthropy Event