Investing in Our Community
What would you do with $337,500? My first instinct would be to buy a house, save for retirement, and give a portion to my favorite nonprofits. While this might bring joy to me and my family, I am proud to work for Women's Fund, where, with a similar amount, we regularly impact hundreds of people's lives through funding of central Indiana nonprofits. Thanks to our permanent endowment and all donors to it, Women's Fund will be able to continue this impact in our community for generations to come.
Women's Fund recently awarded grants totaling $337,500 to 13 central Indiana organizations. This year, in the difficult economy, we focused on organizations keeping women and children safe and helping women gain and retain employment. To do this, we engaged organizations with which we had established relationships, going on site visits and facilitating roundtable discussions to learn more about current community needs. A sampling of grants awarded includes:
* Day Nursery Association of Indianapolis - $30,000 for the Tuition Assistance Program, helping low-income families access early care and education for young children.
* Girls Incorporated of Franklin/Johnson County - $25,000 for operating support to help inspire girls to be strong, smart and bold.
* Hawthorne Community Center - $20,000 for operating support to help women and girls living in Indianapolis’ near westside.
* Prevail, Inc. - $15,000 for operating support of its victim awareness and support program serving Hamilton and surrounding counties.
* Turning Point Domestic Violence Services - $30,000 to support a matching grant for operating support for Johnson and Shelby County services of victims of domestic violence.
Learn more about all of the organizations we supported this year by clicking here.
I encourage you to get to know what each of these organizations is doing in our community to support women and girls!
Leave a Comment
There are currently no comments for this blog entry.
If you are interested in becoming a blog sponsor, please contact Deanna Gonzales at 317.634.2423 x131 or email@example.com.
- Mar 15 - Joy’s House has a passion for caring for our loved ones
- Mar 10 - Concord Neighborbood Center Provides Invaluable Services to Indy's Southside
- Feb 08 - Press Release - February 8, 2017
- Dec 28 - Dove Recovery House Helps Women Face Down Addiction
- Dec 14 - Five Ways You Can Support Breast Cancer Research Today